How to Use the Excel Template (in Google Ads Editor)
- Export KW view from Campaign or ad group you want to ad tracking template too
- Fill in the columns shown in sheet 2
- Copy & Paste the Formula, as values, into the Tracking template column.
- Find and Replace “space” with %20 in the Tracking Template column
- Delete the ‘working out’ columns without headers and the formula column. Copy the populated rows and columns. And import into editor
- Select all with headers – go to Editor – Account – Import – paste from clipboard.
- Make sure no campaigns or anything are added (just add the tracking!)
When I used this in 2020, Editor would crash if I tried to upload more than 1 campaign’s tracking at a time. So it took ages!