Retro Logo Design in Illustrator
Check out this brilliant tutorial here –
- Select the Ellipse tool, select black fill & no stroke
- hold down shift to create a perfect circle
- Copy and paste the circle in front (CMD + C, then CMD + F)
- Scale down the 2nd circle using Alt & Shift and the selection tool
- Change the stroke of the 2nd circle to white and increase to 5pts
- Copy & Paste another circle, resize using ALT & Shift and make it white
- Paste in another circle! Make this one black and scale it down again using ALT & Shift
- Create a stripe effect with another circle, no-fill, 1pt black stroke.
- Repeat this so that there are 3 lines in the white area of the circle.
- In the middle line – bring up the stroke-panel – tick the “Dashed Line” option
- Select ’round cap’ option and 0pt dash – 17pt gap. Increase stroke to 4pts
- For the ridges on the outside effect – Select the first – largest circle –
- In the horizontal menu go to “Effect” –> “Distort & Transform” —>Zig Zag
- Select – size – 1, ridges per segment – 24 (NO stroke)
- Add your main icon or create it using the shapes tools in Illustrator
- Download the ‘dust files’ from spoongraphics for the ‘distressed’ effect
- Create a new layer and paste the ‘distress’ on top and drag across
Here’s a couple of variations!