Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency have come a long way since the days of Magic the Gathering. It’s now seen by every Wall-Street-Hero with a Mercedes, as a legitimate and sensible place to invest a few quid.
It literally takes 10 minutes maximum to buy some Bitcoin..as long as you can find your wallet…
Make sure that you are on a legitimate site and not a scam-site, always check for the https in the address bar of your browser before submitting sensitive information too.
Also, don’t try and explain Bitcoin to the Motherinlaw, as you have no chance.
How to Invest in Bitcoin
- First grab your credit card, a valid photo driving license or Passport for ID & your mobile phone
- Go to CoinBase
- Follow the instructions – firstly sign up and verify your email address
- Verify your Mobile Phone number
- Upload your ID – You just need to take a picture…it didn’t work for some reason when I choose to verify my ID with a mobile phone picture, but worked fine when I used my webcam instead
- Enter you Credit Card info.
- Buy Buy Buy!
If you wish, you can also buy other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum.
Whatever you do, keep all your login information safe!
I bought £50 worth last year and still can’t find my login details! #bellend
You should also get yourself a Bitcoin Wallet. This will mean that if Coinbase gets hacked, you’ll have an offline, backup of your Bitcoinage. You can also get App version for your phone, but it is recommended to get an offline version too.